PARKS IN SILVER SPRING TOWNSHIP
Scroll down to view Park Features
Community Service Project Request 5-Year Park Strategic Plan
- Parks are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Dogs are permitted at Willow Mill Park and Pleasant View Park.
- No vehicles may be parked overnight or for an extended period of time in any park.
Vandalism and damages to park facilities and grounds or inappropriate activity/behaviour can be reported by calling the Police Department non-emergency line at 238-9676.
Snow removal for roadways, sidewalks and parking lots are cleared on park grounds when time allows. We kindly ask that visitors do not enter the grounds with your vehicle during or after a snow fall or ice storm so that we can clear these areas.
- Restrooms will re-open, tentatively, on April 15, 2014.
- 54 acres of parkland will be obtained in 2014, increasing the total amount of parkland in Silver Spring to 247 acres
- Disc Golf Course Map - This is a 9-hole course. It has concrete tees and DISCatcher baskets.
|HIDDEN CREEK PARK
This 14-acre park is located at 50 Millfording Road, near the Millfording Heights Development in Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. Access is through Millfording Heights. This park is a prime spot for sporting events such as soccer, lacrosse, kickball and ultimate frisbee. A 1/2 mile grass trail through lightly wooded areas along the Conodoguinet Creek is available. Dogs are not permitted at this park. Park Amenities
- Four Fields Primarily Used for Soccer or Lacrosse
- .5 Mile Walking Trail (stone and grass)
- Access Points to the Conodoguinet Creek (small boats only)
- Park Benches
- Portable Restrooms (seasonally)
- This park is closed during the winter
- Gravel Parking
- Playground and Picnic Pavilion (construction to begin 2014 or 2015)
|PAUL WALTERS MEMORIAL PARK
This 43-acre park is located at 10 Elm Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. It is located behind the Silver Spring Fire Social Hall directly off the Carlisle Pike. The park is named in memory of Officer Paul James Walters who lost his life in the line of duty (1975). This park is a prime spot for softball games and small picnics. There is a masterplan created for an additional 34 acres that borders the north side of the park. Dogs are not permitted at this park.
- Four youth-size softball fields
- Picnic Tables
- Concession stand
- Portable Restrooms
- Gravel Parking Lots
|PLEASANT VIEW PARK
This 11-acre community park is located at 90 Pleasant View Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. It is a wonderful location for reunions, birthday parties, family picnics or athletic games. Dogs are permitted. Please clean up after your dog and keep them on a leash.
- Picnic Pavilion equipped with several electric outlets
- 1 large, two level grill - bring your own charcoal
- U6 Soccer Field
- Softball Field
- Park Benches
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Sand Play Area
- 2 Basketball Courts
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Scenic Walking Trail (.75 miles)
- Restroom Building w/ running water (open seasonally)
- Paved Parking Lot
This 6-acre neighborhood park is located at 15 John King Lane, New Kingstown, PA 17072. It borders the New Kingstown Fire Company property and is surrounded by a residential neighborhood. Dogs are not permitted at this park.
- Youth Baseball Field
- Open Space
- Gravel Parking Lot
- Portable Restroom
|STONY RIDGE PARK
This 101-acre park is located at 50 Bernheisel Bridge Road, Carlisle, PA 17015. A master plan for this park was drafted in 2003. Additional development plans include a small amphitheater, several picnic pavilions, concessions, water fountains, lighting, natural areas, a community building, tennis courts, basketball courts and a major extension of the existing walking trail. Dogs are not permitted at this park.
- 6 Baseball Fields
- 2 Softball Fields
- 2 Football Fields
- 3 Soccer Fields (primarily used by lacrosse and soccer teams)
- 1 Multi-Purpose Field
- *Coming SOON* Sand Volleyball Court - (construction in the spring/fall of 2013)
- Playground with swings and slides for ages 5 - 12
- Pre-school Playground
- Picnic Pavilion w/grills and picnic tables
- Covered picnic area with 6 large picnic tables
- Indoor restrooms and portable restrooms throughout the park
- Water Fountains
- Scenic Walking Trail (currently .65 miles) - future extension planned
- Gravel and Paved Parking Lots
STONY RIDGE PARK MASTER SITE PLAN - subject to change at any time
|WILLOW MILL PARK
This 18-acre passive park is located at 80 Willow Mill Park Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. It was home to a well known amusement park prior to being purchased by the Township.This park includes the historic Huston Mill and the new Veterans Memorial. Public access inside the Mill is not currently available. The Memorial was dedicated on November 11, 2011 and sits on the upper edge of the park next to Willow Mill Park Road. The park offers easy access to the Conodoguinet Creek for fisherman, canoes and kayaks. A boat ramp is available. Dogs are permitted. Please clean up after your dog and keep them on a leash.
- Creekside Picnic Pavilion pavilion is equipped with electric)
- Includes Tables for 100-150 guests
- Two Large Double Grills on Opposite Ends
- Electrical Outlets
- Pavilion near Garden Area (limited seating with no grills or electric)
- Picnic Tables and Benches throughout the Park
- Access Points to Conodoguinet Creek (canoe/kayak launch at far end)
- Additional Canoe/Kayak Launch (next to the Huston Mill)
- Historic Huston Mill
- Garden Viewing Area and Gazebo (great for outdoor weddings)
- 9-Hole Disc Golf Course
- Natural Wetland
- Veterans Memorial of Silver Spring
- Gravel Parking